- Introduction (2 mins)
- Who am I?
- Setting the expectations
- Working with Geodataframes (5 mins)
- Reading Spatial data as a GeoDataframe
- The awesomeness of GeoDataframes (An overview of some of the amazing things you can do with a single line of code eg: Spatial joins, Manipulations and transformations)
- Now that we has established our love for geopandas lets map geodataframes
- Let the Mapmaking begin (10 mins)
Basic Non-Interactive maps with Geopandas and Matplotlib
- Creating basic interactive maps with Folium, Plotly & Kepler (GeoJSONPlots, Clustermaps, Heatmaps, H3gridmaps)
- Conforming geodataframes to a format accepted by these libraries (usually JSON or a list of lists)
- Setting the right parameters for different plots
- Jazzing up the maps with additional layers, custom styles, tooltips, popups, colors etc
- Spatiotemporal Maps with Kepler.gl + Jupyter for handling huge datasets with ease
- Can we make it any easier ?
Why can't making interactive maps be as easy as gdf.folium.plot()?
- Enter Geopatra (8 mins)
- The need for Geopatra (Could it be any Easier and Faster)
- Wrapping up popular mapmaking libraries for GeoDataframes
- Create interactive maps with just a single line
- Future work and Discussion :)
Python, PyCon, PyConAU, PyConline
Fri Sep 4 17:10:00 2020 at Curlyboi