Pandas is the Swiss-Multipurpose Knife for Data Analysis in Python. With Pandas dealing with data-analysis is easy and simple but there are some things you need to get your head around first as Data-Frames and Data-Series.
The first part of talk with provide an introduction to Pandas for beginners, while the second part will focus on Time Series Analysis with Pandas.
part one (~40") Introduction to Pandas
- reading and writing data across multiple formats (CSV, Excel, JSON, SQL, HTML,…)
- statistical data analysis and aggregation.
- work with built-in data visualisation
- inner-mechanics of Pandas: Data-Frames, Data-Series & Numpy.
part two (~20") Time Series Analysis
- how to analyse periodical data with pandas
- how to mangle, reshape and pivot
- caveats when working with timed data
- visualize your data on the fly
bonus (if we have time left)
- gain insights with statsmodels (e.g. seasonality)