Startups are exciting. But choosing the right tech-stack can be a daunting task: You want to be able to move quickly right from the start, but also remain flexible as the technical requirements inevitably change.
In this talk I will describe my own experience of building out the tech stack for a mobile e-commerce startup. It will cover:
- an overview of the main design challenges
- the chosen architecture (database, server-side application layer, API and mobile client)
- how I used Flask to build the API
- how I used Flask-Admin to build a management console
- deploying the backend application using docker-compose.