This talk will give a quick overview of recent developments, and demonstrate some of the newest capabilities of Bokeh including:
- Bokeh applications and the second generation Bokeh server (that is more performant, better documented, and much simpler to use and deploy)
- APIs for streaming data (both in the notebook and Bokeh applications)
- The ability to extend Bokeh with your own custom functionality (for example to create 3D plots or network graphs)
- Recent GIS features such as support for GeoJSON and tiled map data sources
- The new Datashader library that can be used together with Bokeh to visualize billions of data points.
Finally the talk will discuss near-term plans for the project, it's governance, and community development.