While python is widely used for automating administration tasks, it’s not still widely known and used between system administrators.
iPython is an interactive python shell that embeds bash functionalities. We’ll show how to :
- replace some bash tasks avoiding common errors
- resembling some bash behaviour
- create testing (nose) and monitoring scripts
- reuse existing python modules (eg.iotop, psutil, …)
- use flask to expose those scripts on HTTP
Wanna see something specific? Leave a comment! We’ll tune the talk agenda on the audience interests!